NHPC Sports Scholarship
Attention, all young and enthusiastic sports lovers! Prepare to be amazed by the incredible NHPC Sports Scholarship 2023, a prestigious initiative brought to you by NHPC Limited, the esteemed Indian government-owned hydropower board under the Ministry of Power. This one-of-a-kind scholarship is exclusively designed to empower aspiring sportspersons like you, providing unwavering support for pursuing excellence in 16 thrilling games. Imagine the possibilities! From Cricket, Football, and Hockey to Chess, Archery, and Para sports, this Sports Scholarship 2023 caters to a wide array of sports, ensuring that no talent goes unnoticed or unsupported.
With the help of this NHPC Sports Scholarship, the selected sportspersons will be able to get a good amount to earn monthly Rs.14,000 for the duration of 3 years to make their life comfortable and peaceful.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The age of junior players should be from 14 to 19 years for this scholarship.
- The age of para-sports players should be from 14 to 19 years for this scholarship.
For Elite Scholars-
- The applicant should have represented the country with the team game in junior and senior level sports.
- The applicant must have secured a national ranking between 1-5 in the individual game a junior sub-junior or semi-finalist/finalist in the national championship.
- Sports persons should have a license issued by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI)/ National ranking between 1-5 in Para sports and individual sports through PCI.
- The applicant represents the state team in team games at the junior or senior level.
- The applicant should have been a semi-finalist/finalist in the national championship at the junior or sub-junior level (individual game) with a national ranking between 6-15.
- Sports persons should have a license issued by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI)/ National ranking between 6-15 in Para sports and individual sports through PCI.
Benefits of Sports Scholarship 2023
- The beneficiary selected under the NHPC Sports Scholarship 2023 will be given ₹ 14000 every month for a duration of 3 years.
- Due to this the sports person will not have to face any financial condition in any way.
Breakdown of the monthly stipend payable amount:
|Category||Stipend in INR (1st year)||Stipend in INR (2nd year)||Stipend in INR (3rd year)|
- Every year the scholar will get ₹ 5000 for the purchase of a sports kit on paying the original bill.
- The scholar can participate in a maximum of 6 All India Rank tournaments (in individual sports only) for travel/hotel/accommodation conveyance/DA etc. on the production of basic bills up to a maximum of Rs.48000 only in 1 year.
NOTE -There is no provision in the scholarship for DA/travel/hotel/ conveyance in team games.
- Self-attested photocopy of date of birth certificate
- Qualification certificate
- Caste certificate
- Government-issued identification card (Aadhar card/ Voter ID/ passport
- Annexure- I signed by the applicant and parent/ guardian
- Annexure-II signed by the parent/ guardian of the applicant and attested by a gazetted officer
Note– For annexure format, refer to the ‘Scholarship Help Documents’.
Those eligible candidates are interested in this NHPC Sports Scholarship program can apply by following the steps given below -:
- First of all, you need to click on the button Apply Now.
- After that, you need to click on the Register button and then fill up all the required details shown on their computer screen. (if the candidate is already registered, need to login with their Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
- After that, the Application Form will appear in front of you. Download that application form and take a printout of it.
- Fill out the application form carefully. And send it along with all the required documents to the following address-
Manager (PR)/Corporate Sports Coordinator Coordinator
Corporate Communication Department,
Application End Date – Soon Update
All applications will be considered in the meeting of the committee constituted by NHPC within the stipulated time
NHPC Office Complex,
Sector-33, Faridabad-121003 (Haryana)
Email Id – email@example.com
Contact number – (0129)-2588110,2588500