About Girl Child Scholarship
The Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023 for Single Girl Child is a great initiative by UGC Scholarship. This scheme aims to support single-girl children in pursuing higher education in India. However, there are certain aspects of the scholarship that are often not discussed in detail. In this article, we aim to provide a comprehensive overview of the scholarship, its benefits, eligibility criteria, and application process, in a way that is easy to understand for anyone interested in this scholarship.
Benefits of the Girl Child Scholarship
The Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023 Single Girl Child is a merit-based scholarship. It provides financial assistance to single-girl children who have completed their higher secondary education and are pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate courses in any recognized institution in India. The scholarship provides a total of INR 36,200 per annum, which includes INR 2,000 as contingency expenses, INR 1,200 as a book grant, and INR 30,000 as tuition fees for the course.
Eligibility Criteria for the Indira Gandhi Scheme
The eligibility criteria for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023 is as follows:
- A single girl child in her family.
- A citizen of India.
- Pursuing a regular full-time course in any recognized university or institution in India.
- Admitted to the first year of an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- Not receiving any other scholarship or financial assistance from the government or any other organization.
Application Process for the Scholarship
The application process for the scholarship is quite simple and can be completed online which as follows:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) website (https://scholarships.gov.in/)
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ button and create an account.
- Login to the NSP portal using the registered email ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Application Form’ tab and select the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023 for Single Girl Child.
- Fill in the application form with all the necessary details and upload the required documents.
- Submit the application form and take a printout.
The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scheme is a great initiative. This scheme provides financial assistance to single-girl children pursuing higher education in India. We recommend readers apply for this scheme.