Merit Scholarship Scheme
The National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) is a centrally sponsored scheme and the online application form is available. This NMMS Scheme 2023 aims to provide financial assistance to economically disadvantaged students to help them continue their secondary and higher secondary education. The scheme is open to students from all states and union territories in India.
Eligibility Criteria for National Scholarship :
To be eligible for the NMMS Scheme 2023, students must fulfill the following criteria:
- They must be studying in Class 9 in a recognized school.
- They must have scored at least 55% marks in Class 8.
- Their annual family income should not exceed INR 1.5 lakh.
The application process for the NMMS Scheme 2023 involves the following steps:
- Students need to apply through their respective schools.
- The application form can be obtained from the State/UT Liaison Officer or can be downloaded from the official website.
- The duly filled application form should be submitted to the State/UT Liaison Officer before the deadline.
- Above is the application process for NMMS Scheme 2023.
Selection Process for Scholarship:
The selection of students for the Merit Scholarship 2023 is based on a written examination, which consists of questions on subjects such as mathematics, science, social studies, and mental ability. The examination is conducted in English as well as in the regional language.
Merit Scholarship Amount:
The selected students are awarded a scholarship of INR 12,000 per annum, which is disbursed in quarterly installments. The Merit Scholarship is provided for a maximum period of four years, i.e., for the duration of the student’s secondary and higher secondary education.
Renewal of Scholarship:
To continue availing of the scholarship, students need to fulfill the following conditions:
- They should score at least 60% marks in Class 10 and Class 12.
- They should have a minimum attendance of 75% in their classes.
The National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme is a valuable initiative that provides financial assistance to deserving students to help them continue their education. It not only helps students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds but also promotes merit by rewarding students who perform well in the examination. We hope that this article has provided you with all the necessary information about the NMMSS and its benefits.