Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 is a scheme launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to encourage higher studies among economically weaker students and increase the enrollment ratio in the North East Region. The UGC also wants to promote professional education in the NE Region through this scholarship scheme.
Rewards of Ishan Uday Scheme
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 for North Eastern Region disburses a total of 10,000 scholarships. The scholarship amount is given to the selected candidates directly into their bank accounts.
- Students pursuing general degree course-INR 5,400/month
- Students pursuing technical, medical, and professional course-INR 7,800/month
Ishan Uday – Key Dates
This Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 application deadline for NER Scheme is 30th November 2023. This application period is tentative. It varies from year-to-year.
Eligibility Criteria for NER Scheme
- The applicants must have the domicile of the North-Eastern states which comprise Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
- The candidates’ annual family income must not be more than INR 4.5 Lakh from all sources.
- The candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent in the preceding year of study for applications called for the current academic year.
- The applicants must have secured admission in the 1st year of any degree course, including integrated courses, in any of the authorized universities/colleges/institutes
- Transgender students will also get the benefits of Scholarship
- Open University Students are not eligible.
- The candidates who have taken admission through the management quota or availing of any other scholarship or pursuing courses which do not lead to the award of a degree are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Above are the eligibility criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023.
This Ishan Uday Scheme is the one of the best scholarship scheme for North East Region students. We advise all the students to apply for this as soon as possible.